Peanut Butter & Jam Muffins
~ A Perfect After School Snack ~
These PB&J muffins make a fun breakfast, lunch box treat, or after school snack
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Jam for topping
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pans with 18 paper cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat softened butter until creamy. Blend in sugars and beat on high for a couple of minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Blend in peanut butter and then eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
4. Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture until just blended. Mix in half of the yogurt. Repeat, alternating flour mixture with yogurt and ending with flour mixture. Make sure that everything is incorporated but do not overbeat.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 17 to 19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for a couple of minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
6. Once muffins are cool, use a small melon baller or spoon to scoop out an indentation in the top of each muffin. Fill with your favourite flavour of jam.